- We're iPod enchanced. Personal multi-media presentations tell you all you need to know about Ancient Rome.
- So much more than the Colosseum! Our tour covers all of the best sites of Ancient Rome + some lesser-known spots that will surprise you.
- Have a peek at the Bocca della Verità (Mouth of Truth) – as seen in the Movie 'Roman Holiday'.
Need a promo code? Click here.
Really want to try a Rome Segway tour, but don’t have the much time? Cover the must-see highlights of Ancient Rome such as the Colosseum, Circus Maximus and Roman Forum on this express 2-hour Segway tour.
Meet your tour leader at an office location close to the Colosseum. Your expert Segway tour leader will start with a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway.
Start off your exploration of the most Ancient part of Rome, through the back alleys of the Celio Hill before reaching the Circus Maximus. Here, you’ll imagine young Romans racing their chariots. We prefer to think of them as “ancient Segways”. Enjoy the view over the Palatine Hill before heading towards Marcello Theatre which is often mistaken for the Colosseum.
Passing via the Altar of the Fatherland, we’ll roll down the entire length of the legendary Roman Forum – Rome’s most important archeological park. Here, you are completely surrounded by majestic ruins, columns and ancient temples. You’ll travel the length of the Imperial Forum road which has been closed to general traffc – clearing the way for exploration by segway.
Without breaking a sweat (you’re on a Segway after all) you’ll roll over to our final stop: the Colosseum. Take in the sight of this world icon from your unique viewpoint on a Segway as we visit from outside. This is a perfect photo opportunity!
If you are looking for a fast, fun and eco-friendly way to discover the best that Ancient Rome has to offer in just 2 hours – this is the tour for you! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at an office near the Colosseum where a bathroom, free Wifi and water are available.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please note: We do not visit the inside of the Colosseum or Roman Forum on this tour.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable shoes
- To enter Rome's churches, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Tour goes forward, rain or shine (don't worry, if they are needed - we'll bring the poncho's!). If you would like to cancel your tour or modify the date, we require notification at least 72 hours before your departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.
*Please arrive at our office no less than 15 minutes prior to departure time.*
The EcoArt Office is a few blocks walk from the Colosseum on Via Celimontana 30/32 in Rome, Italy.
From the exit of the Coliseum (Colosseo) Subway (Metro B line ) go left on Via dei Fori Imperiali. Reach the traffic light and make a right turn, crossing the street, then turn to your left and cross the street again. The street you see on your right side (Restaurants) is Via San Giovanni in Laterano. Take it, walk straight ahead and turn right at the second street onto Via Celimontana. Two blocks up the hill on the left hand side you will find us at n.30/32
Rome by Segway / EcoArt Office
Via Celimontana 30/32