Need a promo code? Click here.
Interested in a Private Segway Tour? Just select one of the ‘Private’ options in the “Option” drop down on the booking form. Cost is 150€ per person for a minimum of 2 people. Note: It is not possible to book a private tour together with discounts or promotions.
Discover our most popular tour of Rome by Segway. Glide effortlessly through the wonders of Ancient Rome on your very own modern “chariot” – the SegwayPT! You’ll travel up and down the most beautiful of Rome’s seven famous hills, covering must-see sights such as the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, the Roman Forum and Mouth of Truth.
Your experience begins at our office, conveniently located near the Colosseum. Your tour leader will start with a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway. Within minutes you’ll realize just how easy and intuitive it is!
You’ll imagine young Romans racing their chariots, Ben Hur-style, at Circus Maximus (Circo Massimo) while enjoying a view of the Palatine Hill. From here, we’ll easily ride up the Aventine Hill — no tired feet! — and discover its off-the-beaten track terraced gardens leading on to Rome’s best panoramic views. We’ll even visit the famous ‘keyhole’ of Rome’s Knights of Malta. Take your turn peeking through the keyhole – what do you see? It’s just one of the many surprises that await you on your Ancient Rome Segway Tour.
Put your honesty on trial at the Mouth of Truth (Bocca della Verità), the enormous Ancient Roman drain cap that was made famous by Audrey Hepburn in ‘Roman Holiday’. If your hand survives the test of truth, we’ll make our way over to the Roman Forum where we’ll roll around the perimeter of Rome’s most important archeological park, enjoying incredible views over ruins, columns and ancient temples. A sure highlight is the Capitoline Hill, where we’ll admire Michelangelo’s Piazza and the stunning panorama over the forums.
Without breaking a sweat, we’ll drive over to our final (and most important!) stop: the Colosseum. Take in the sight of this majestic world icon from your unique viewpoint on a Segway as we visit from outside. This is a perfect photo opportunity!
At each site you’ll enjoy a presentation on a personal iPod, which you’ll be provided with at the beginning of the tour. You’ll discover fascinating facts and curiosities about each of the spots you’ll visit in a modern and entertaining audio-visual presentation – created uniquely for this tour!
If you are looking for a fun, eco-friendly way to discover the best that Ancient Rome has to offer in just a few hours – we’re sure you’ll love our Ancient Rome Segway Tour! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at our office near the Colosseum where a bathroom, free Wifi and water are available to all of our guests.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please note: We do not visit the inside of the Colosseum or Roman Forum on this tour.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable shoes
- To enter Rome's churches, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Tour goes forward, rain or shine (don't worry, if they are needed - we'll bring the poncho's!). If you would like to cancel your tour or modify the date, we require notification at least 72 hours before your departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.
*Please arrive at our office no less than 15 minutes prior to departure time.*
The EcoArt Office is a few blocks walk from the Colosseum on Via Celimontana 30/32 in Rome, Italy.
From the exit of the Coliseum (Colosseo) Subway (Metro B line ) go left on Via dei Fori Imperiali. Reach the traffic light and make a right turn, crossing the street, then turn to your left and cross the street again. The street you see on your right side (Restaurants) is Via San Giovanni in Laterano. Take it, walk straight ahead and turn right at the second street onto Via Celimontana. Two blocks up the hill on the left hand side you will find us at n.30/32
Rome by Segway / EcoArt Office
Via Celimontana 30/32