- Cover the best of Rome’s historic center in half the time and effort of a walking tour.
- See must-see Rome sights such as the incredible Trevi Fountain, bustling Piazza Navona, the imposing Pantheon and the unmistakable Spanish steps.
- Small groups of 8 people or fewer make it easy to stick with your group and get the most from your experience!
Interested in a Private Segway Tour? Just select one of the ‘Private’ options in the “Option” drop down on the booking form. Cost is 120€ per person. Note: It is not possible to book a private tour together with discounts or promotions.
Rome is a true ‘outdoor museum’ making the Segway the perfect vehicle from which to experience it! The historic center of the Eternal City is a treasure trove of stunning monuments, bustling piazzas and fountain masterpieces – all of which you can discover on our half-day Segway tour of the Best of Rome.
Your experience begins at our comfortable office, just a five-minute walk from the Colosseum. From here your expert Tour Leader will start with a 30 minute Segway training session. Within minutes you’ll be gliding around like a pro; our Segways are easy and intuitive to use.
Once you have your bearings – we’ll roll through Rome’s medieval streets on a quest to discover its most famous architectural and artistic wonders. To reach the heart of the historic center, we’ll ride along the famous Imperial Forum to the Campidoglio square, designed by the master Michelangelo himself. From here we’ll head towards Campo de’ Fiori, known for its daily street market and nightlife. Famous Piazza Navona is a short glide away. Here, we’ll experience Bernini’s incredible Fountain of the Four Rivers, which has recently been restored to it’s full glory. Navona Square is home to talented street performers and is always filled with a lively crowd.
A sure highlight of the day is a visit to the impressive Pantheon, one of Rome’s best- preserved ancient temples – now a consecrated basilica boasting a stunning 142 foot freestanding dome. We’ll even stop in Sant’Ignazio, one of Rome’s most impressive and lesser-known churches. Our last two stops need no introduction: you’ll toss a coin and make a wish to return to Rome at the one and only Trevi Fountain before culminating at the foot of the Spanish Steps.
At each of Rome’s famous sights you’ll enjoy a presentation on a personal iPod, which you’ll be provided with at the beginning of the tour. You’ll discover fascinating facts and curiosities about each of the spots you’ll visit in a modern and entertaining audio-visual presentation – created uniquely for this tour!
If you want to visit all of the famous sights that Rome is known for – we’re sure you’ll love our eco-friendly Best of Rome Segway Tour! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at our office near the Colosseum where a bathroom, free Wifi, water and caffé are available to all of our guests.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please note: The Spanish Steps are currently being cleaned and are therefore covered and may not be visible.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable shoes
- To enter Rome's churches, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Tour goes forward, rain or shine (don't worry, if they are needed - we'll bring the poncho's!). If you would like to cancel your tour or modify the date, we require notification at least 72 hours before your departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.
*Please arrive at our office no less than 15 minutes prior to departure time.*
The EcoArt Office is a few blocks walk from the Colosseum on Via Celimontana 30/32 in Rome, Italy.
From the exit of the Coliseum (Colosseo) Subway (Metro B line ) go left on Via dei Fori Imperiali. Reach the traffic light and make a right turn, crossing the street, then turn to your left and cross the street again. The street you see on your right side (Restaurants) is Via San Giovanni in Laterano. Take it, walk straight ahead and turn right at the second street onto Via Celimontana. Two blocks up the hill on the left hand side you will find us at n.30/32
Rome by Segway / EcoArt Office
Via Celimontana 30/32