Need a promo code? Click here.
Interested in a Private Segway Tour? Just select one of the ‘Private’ options in the “Option” drop down on the booking form. Cost is 150€ per person for a minimum of 2 people. Note: It is not possible to book a private tour together with discounts or promotions.
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments completely transform as they are beautifully illuminated, creating a festive, romantic and mysterious atmosphere throughout the city. Rome’s best-illuminated monuments are scattered around the city – making our Rome Night Tour by Segway the ideal way to see it all, from the Colosseum to the Trevi Fountain across the city, without getting stuck on a crowded tour bus.
Your experience begins at our office, conveniently located near the Colosseum. Your tour leader will provide all guests with reflective vests to ensure your safety on the roads after dark. You’ll then enjoy a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway. Within minutes you’ll realize just how easy and intuitive it is!
We’ll start our tour off well in front of the stunningly lit Colosseum. Locals often say the Colosseum is at its most beautiful at night, each archway is artfully illuminated with golden light. From here, your tour leader will bring you past glowing columns, ruins and ancient temples, leading onto Piazza Venezia and the grandiose ‘Wedding Cake of Rome’ or Vittoriano, build in honor of unified Italy’s first king.
Heading into the heart of the Eternal City’s historical center, we’ll stop at famous sights such as the sparkling Trevi Fountain, where we’ll toss a coin in to ensure a return to Italy. Piazza Navona becomes a carnival at night, filled with merrymakers, strolling couples, and gurgling, glistening fountains. At Campo de’ Fiori, the daily local market is replaced by bars, restaurants and cafés catering to boisterous crowds.
In order to best experience Rome’s nightlife, your Tour Leader will point out favorite local pizzerias, gelaterias and bars as you cover neighborhoods like Trastevere. You’ll be free to request a stop for a slice, ice cream or drink (not included), giving you ample time to sit and soak up the festive atmosphere. This is our most laid back tour. Depending on the group, your Tour Leader can personalize the itinerary to make sure everyone has an enjoyable time.
If you are looking for a fun, eco-friendly experience of Rome after sunset – our unique Rome Night Tour by Segway is perfect for you! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at our office near the Colosseum where a bathroom, free Wifi, water and caffé are available to all of our guests.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please note: We do not visit the inside of the Colosseum or Roman Forum on this tour.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable shoes
- To enter Rome's churches, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Tour goes forward, rain or shine (don't worry, if they are needed - we'll bring the poncho's!). If you would like to cancel your tour or modify the date, we require notification at least 72 hours before your departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.
*Please arrive at our office no less than 15 minutes prior to departure time.*
The EcoArt Office is a few blocks walk from the Colosseum on Via Celimontana 30/32 in Rome, Italy.
From the exit of the Coliseum (Colosseo) Subway (Metro B line ) go left on Via dei Fori Imperiali. Reach the traffic light and make a right turn, crossing the street, then turn to your left and cross the street again. The street you see on your right side (Restaurants) is Via San Giovanni in Laterano. Take it, walk straight ahead and turn right at the second street onto Via Celimontana. Two blocks up the hill on the left hand side you will find us at n.30/32
Rome by Segway / EcoArt Office
Via Celimontana 30/32