- Combine our two most popular tours: Best of Rome by Segway and Ancient Rome Segway Tour for our very best value – saving 10 euros off the combined price!
- A delicious local lunch of Roman specialties is included at NO extra cost.
- You’ll cover all of Rome’s most impressive sites such as the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps in one full day – an impossible feat without a Segway.
Interested in a Private Segway Tour? Just select one of the ‘Private’ options in the “Option” drop down on the booking form. Cost is 200€ per person. Note: It is not possible to book a private tour together with discounts or promotions.
Rome is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Rome in One Day Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out. With this combination of our two most popular tours, the Ancient Segway Tour and Best of Rome Segway Tour, you’ll be able to ‘see it all’ and then some! Sights covered include well-known spots such as the Trevi Fountain, Colosseum, Spanish Steps and Piazza Navona. We’ll even have time to visit incredible hidden sights that most visitors miss out on. Top it off with a yummy lunch of local Roman dishes at a restaurant we’ve handpicked especially for our guests – and you have the perfect day in Rome.
On the Ancient Rome Tour part of your day you’ll cover three hours of famous sights such as the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Circus Maximus and Capitoline Hill. You’ll glide past crumbling ruins, columns, ancient temples and roads. You’ll see all that remains of the chariot racetrack that once stood at Circo Massimo, at the foot of the Palatine hill. The word “chariot” takes on a brand new meaning as you race by on your modern Segway. With the speed and ease of getting around by Segway, we’ll have plenty of time to cover lesser-known sights such as the Knights of Malta keyhole. Stop and peek through this ancient keyhole – what do you see? This surprise and many others await you!
On the Best of Rome part of the tour we’ll zig-zag across the entirety of Rome’s beautiful historic center, exploring the piazzas, fountains, churches and monuments that make Rome one of the most beautiful cities in the world! You’ll toss a coin (or three!) in the famous Trevi Fountain, guaranteeing your return to Rome… or more! You’ll stand at the foot of the regal Spanish Steps, Europe’s widest staircase. You’ll roll around Piazza Navona and enjoy the street artists, lively crowds and Bernini’s masterpiece: the Fountain of the Four Rivers. Other highlights include St. Ignatius church, Teatro Marcello (often mistaken for the Colosseum) and Campo de’ Fiori.
At each of Rome’s famous sights you’ll enjoy a presentation on a personal iPod, which you’ll be provided with at the beginning of the tour. You’ll discover fascinating facts and curiosities about each of the spots you’ll visit in a modern and entertaining audio-visual presentation – created uniquely for this tour!
Between the morning and afternoon portions of the tour, you’ll enjoy a leisurely break for lunch. We’ve handpicked a local restaurant offering a menu of typical Roman dishes to enjoy – all included in your Rome in One Day Tour at no extra cost!
If you are looking to fit nearly three days worth of sights into one, without rushing and without succumbing to exhaustion – our eco-friendly Rome in One Day Tour by Segway is for you! All tours depart from and end at our office near the Colosseum where a bathroom, free Wifi, water and caffé are available to all of our guests.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please note: We do not visit the inside of the Colosseum or Roman Forum on this tour.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable shoes
- To enter Rome's churches, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Tour goes forward, rain or shine (don't worry, if they are needed - we'll bring the poncho's!). If you would like to cancel your tour or modify the date, we require notification at least 72 hours before your departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.
*Please arrive at our office no less than 15 minutes prior to departure time.*
The EcoArt Office is a few blocks walk from the Colosseum on Via Celimontana 30/32 in Rome, Italy.
From the exit of the Coliseum (Colosseo) Subway (Metro B line ) go left on Via dei Fori Imperiali. Reach the traffic light and make a right turn, crossing the street, then turn to your left and cross the street again. The street you see on your right side (Restaurants) is Via San Giovanni in Laterano. Take it, walk straight ahead and turn right at the second street onto Via Celimontana. Two blocks up the hill on the left hand side you will find us at n.30/32
Rome by Segway / EcoArt Office
Via Celimontana 30/32