- See the Vatican by foot in the morning and Ancient Rome by Segway in the afternoon. Save on the cost of booking these tours separately!
- Human-sized groups of 10 people or less ensure a great experience.
- Skip the Line entrance to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel saves you precious vacation time.
Looking for a fun way to explore both Vatican City and Ancient Rome in a single day? Book this combo and save on the cost of booking these experiences separately.
Your morning begins with a guided Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel tour in headset-free, small groups of 10 people or less. This experience includes a rich buffet breakfast served directly inside the Vatican Museums at the Pinecone Courtyard.
Next, we’ll whisk you through our No-Line access point of the Vatican Museums and immediately dive into the wonders masters such as Michelangelo & Rafael have left for us. Highlights include stops at the Pinecone Courtyard, Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Muses, the Round Room, Greek Cross Room, Candelabra Gallery, Gallery of the Tapestries and even the Gallery of the Maps from where you can also admire a view of the Vatican Gardens below. Because we are an official Silver Partner of the Museums – your guide may have a surprise in store for you with our reserved access to a room closed to the general public.
The finale of your visit inside the Vatican Museums is the Sistine Chapel, where you will have free time to admire the most prized work of Michelangelo’s career. From the exit of the Sistine Chapel, you will be granted direct no-line access to St. Peter’s Basilica where, after a concise introduction overlooking St. Peter’s Square, you will be free to explore on your own.
Enjoy free time from 11:30AM until the 3:30PM start time of your afternoon Ancient Rome Segway Tour. We recommend grabbing a leisurely lunch (own expense) and that you begin making your way to the meeting point of the Segway portion of the tour, located near the Colosseum. Upon arrival, you’ll participate in a 30-minute training session to learn how to ride your personal Segway PT before embarking on a 3.5 hour exploration of the main attractions of Ancient Rome.
Receive a personal iPod to use during the tour, on which you’ll see an informative presentation at each stop. Ride past Baths of Caracalla and Palatine Hill, and imagine chariot races at the Circus Maximus. At the Orange Tree Garden, revel in the wonderful views over the city. Peek through the keyhole at the Knights of Malta and show your friends just how honest you are at the famous Mouth of Truth. See the Roman Forum to learn about what those ruins once were, from temples to government buildings and more. Admire the architectural genius of Michelangelo at the top of the Capitoline Hill, where you’ll visit the piazza he designed. Glide around the perimeter of the Colosseum and enjoy a photo-op of the ancient amphitheater to conclude the tour.
*Please note this map shows the itinerary for the Ancient Rome Segway afternoon portion of this tour.
- To enter the Vatican Museums, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway. Large bags are not permitted inside the Vatican Museums.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please note: We do not visit the inside of the Colosseum or Roman Forum on this tour.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable shoes
- To enter Rome's churches, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Tour goes forward, rain or shine (don't worry, if they are needed - we'll bring the poncho's!). If you would like to cancel your tour or modify the date, we require notification at least 72 hours before your departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.
*Please arrive at our office no less than 15 minutes prior to departure time.*
The EcoArt Office is a few blocks walk from the Colosseum on Via Celimontana 30/32 in Rome, Italy.
From the exit of the Coliseum (Colosseo) Subway (Metro B line ) go left on Via dei Fori Imperiali. Reach the traffic light and make a right turn, crossing the street, then turn to your left and cross the street again. The street you see on your right side (Restaurants) is Via San Giovanni in Laterano. Take it, walk straight ahead and turn right at the second street onto Via Celimontana. Two blocks up the hill on the left hand side you will find us at n.30/32
Rome by Segway / EcoArt Office
Via Celimontana 30/32