- See the Vatican by foot in the morning and Ancient Rome by Segway in the afternoon. Save on the cost of booking these tours separately!
- Human-sized groups of 20 people or less at the Vatican ensure a great experience.
- Skip the Line entrance to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's Basilica saves you precious vacation time.
Need a promo code? Click here.
Looking for a fun way to explore both Vatican City and Ancient Rome in a single day? Book this combo and save on the cost of booking these experiences separately.
Your morning begins with a guided Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel tour in comfortable groups of 20 people or less. Top-of-the-line Headsets will be provided so you can easily hear your perfectly English-speaking guide.
We’ll whisk you through our No-Line access point of the Vatican Museums and immediately dive into the wonders masters such as Michelangelo & Rafael have left for us. Highlights include stops at the Pinecone Courtyard, Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Muses, the Round Room, Greek Cross Room, Candelabra Gallery, Gallery of the Tapestries and even the Gallery of the Maps from where you can also admire a view of the Vatican Gardens below.
The highlight of your visit inside the Vatican Museums is the Sistine Chapel, where you will have free time to admire the most prized work of Michelangelo’s career. From the exit of the Sistine Chapel, you will enjoy direct no-line access to St. Peter’s Basilica where you will have a full guided tour inside.
Enjoy free time from 12:15PM until the 3:00PM start time of your afternoon Ancient Rome Segway Tour. We recommend grabbing a leisurely lunch (own expense) and that you begin making your way to the meeting point of the Segway portion of the tour, located near the Colosseum. Upon arrival, you’ll participate in a 30-minute training session to learn how to ride your personal Segway PT before embarking on a 3.5 hour exploration of the main attractions of Ancient Rome.
Receive a personal iPod to use during the tour, on which you’ll see an informative presentation at each stop. Ride past Baths of Caracalla and Palatine Hill, and imagine chariot races at the Circus Maximus. At the Orange Tree Garden, revel in the wonderful views over the city. Peek through the keyhole at the Knights of Malta and show your friends just how honest you are at the famous Mouth of Truth. See the Roman Forum to learn about what those ruins once were, from temples to government buildings and more. Admire the architectural genius of Michelangelo at the top of the Capitoline Hill, where you’ll visit the piazza he designed. Glide around the perimeter of the Colosseum and enjoy a photo-op of the ancient amphitheater to conclude the tour.
*Please note this map shows the itinerary for the Ancient Rome Segway afternoon portion of this tour.
- To enter the Vatican Museums, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway. Large bags are not permitted inside the Vatican Museums.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please note: We do not visit the inside of the Colosseum or Roman Forum on this tour.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable shoes
- To enter Rome's churches, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Tour goes forward, rain or shine (don't worry, if they are needed - we'll bring the poncho's!). If you would like to cancel your tour or modify the date, we require notification at least 72 hours before your departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.